Ertan Ağaoğlu is a research assistant at the Department of Radio, TV, and Cinema, Hacettepe University. His research interests are general areas of new media and society with an extensive focus on digital inequalities, discourse in video games and interdisciplinary aspects of critical media studies.
He is also a video game enthusiast, a feminist and a ca t slave
Ongoing Hacettepe University, Institute of Social Sciences, Commuincation Sciences.
2016 Hacettepe University, American Culture and Literature.
• Ağaoğlu, E. (2022) Intersection of Digital and Educational Inequalities During COVID-19 Pandemic*. In Aftermath of Media During Pandemic. UM:AG. Ankara.
*Original Title in Turkish: COVID-19 Pandemisi Sırasında Eğitim ve Dijital Eşitsizliklerin Pekişmesi.
• Ağaoğlu, E., Önen, N., Tokatlı, P. (2021) Elderly’s Relationship with Digital Technology Education: Micro Case of Ankara Municipality Technologic Education Center*. In Fiğan, M., Özdemir, Y. D., (2020) In Digital Culture, Digital Inequalities and Aging. Alternatif Bilişim Derneği.
*Original Title in Turkish: Yaşlıların Dijital Teknoloji Eğitimleriyle İlişkilenme Biçimleri: Ankara Büyükşehir Belediyesi Yaşlılar ve Gençler Bilgi Erişim Merkezi Örneği.
• Ağaoğlu, E. (Feb, 2021). Exposure Communities: Collective Reflection of Image-Based Sexual Violence. At Ufuk University International Social Sciences Congress: The World in the Context of Economics, Politics and Environment in The 21st Century. Ankara, Turkey.
*Original Title in Turkish: İfşa Toplulukları: Görüntü Temelli Cinsel Şiddetin Kollektif Görünümü
• Ağaoğlu, E., Önen, N., Tokatlı, P. (Oct, 2019). Relationship of Elderly with Technology: A Bourdieusian Perspective. VI. National New Media Congress. İzmir, Turkey.
*Original Title in Turkish: Yaşlıların Teknoloji Eğitimlerine Katılma Motivasyonları
• Ağaoğlu, E. (Mar, 2019). Integration of Online and Offline: Case of Knight Online. Turkish Graduate Studies Conference. Malatya, Turkey.
• Ağaoğlu, E., & Ten Haaf, L. Exhibition Review: Digital Captivity. Folklor/Edebiyat, 26(101), 237-239.
•Ağaoğlu, E.(2018). Book Review: Interaction Rituals: Face-to-Face Behavior Experiments. Folklor/Edebiyat, 24(94), 261-264.
•Hargittai, E. (2020). İkinci Seviye Dijital Bölünme: Bireylerin Çevrimiçi Becerilerindeki Farklılıklar (Ağaoğlu, E., Trans.). In Fiğan, M., Özdemir, Y. D., (2020) In Digital Culture, Digital Inequalities and Aging. Alternatif Bilişim Derneği.
• Olsson, T., & Viscovi, D. (2018). Warm experts for elderly users: who are they and what do they do? In Fiğan, M., Özdemir, Y. D., (2020) In Digital Culture, Digital Inequalities and Aging. Alternatif Bilişim Derneği.
•Fiğan, M., Özdemir, Y. D. [Translation Editors Ağaoğlu, E., Özdemir, B.] (2020) In Digital Culture, Digital Inequalities and Aging. Alternatif Bilişim Derneği.
RTS 610 – Research Methods in Social Sciences (2021-ongoing, Fall)
The aim of this course is to provide the students information about the basic conceptual framework, the scope and technics that they can be used in the production and analysis of creative industries products and to gain the ethical understanding they need to possess when they research.
ILT-628 – Quantitative Methods in Social Sciences (2019-ongoing, Spring)
Quantitative Methods in Social Sciences, Data Interpretation, Visualization and Web Scraping Applications with R Programming Language.
İLE-648 - Introduction to New Media (2019- ongoing, Spring)
Aim of the course is to analyze and raise questions about new media technologies’ impact on and role in society in relation to economic, political, cultural spheres of life.
ILE 207 - Gender and Media (2019-ongoing, Fall)
The aim of this course is to give students a comprehensive overview of the representation and visibility of different groups in the media with relation to feminism, masculinity studies, queer and LGBT studies and gender politics
ILT 643 - POLITICAL ECONOMIC APPROACHES TO THE MEDIA (2019-2020, FALL)
Faculty Commissions, Working Groups and Other Faculty-Related Duties
HUIF Workload System (Chief Responsible)
Faculty Accreditation Working Group (Member)
Faculty Self-Assesment (ÖRDİK) Working Group (Member)
UNİ 101 Course Coordination Group (Member)
Social Media and General Communications Coordination Group (Member)
COVID-19 Online Events (Chief Responsible)
Organization of Interviews for Master's Programs (RTC, Member)
Feminist Mevzular (Editor)
Sineblog (Student Coordinator, English Editor)
|09.30 - 12.30||13.30 - 16.30|